PURPOSE: The Process Engineer will provide technical support to the Medium and Liner Mills including troubleshooting and day-to-day technical support of the operations group, capital project management, leadership of continuous improvement projects, training of operations group personnel, and support of safety improvement projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot technical issues, collect and analyze logsheet data, collect and analyze samples of various process streams.
- Plan, conduct, and report on machine trials aimed at optimizing operational performance
- Capital projects: manage capital projects ranging from $5k to as much as several million dollars in scope using competent and professional project management methods, as directed by mill manager.
- Continuous improvement: lead and manage continuous improvement projects. Identify and quantify opportunities, collect and analyze data, propose, win support for, and implement solutions, monitor and evaluate results.
- Improve operations through crew training and development. Act as liaison between suppliers and crews
- Actively support operations in safety improvement efforts.
- Rotate weekend call duty for production department.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Paper Science, or related field
- Training and certification in Six Sigma or similar curriculum, and proven work experience.
- 5-10 years experience in a paper making or similar operation, with some supervisory experience
- High energy, with the ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Computer proficiency required
Pulp & Paper