The Process Engineer is responsible for optimizing manufacturing processes and systems in areas of productivity, quality, cost, and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with operations team to continually improve production rates, efficiencies, yields, and costs.
- Lead cross-functional teams for specific short-term improvement efforts (i.e. 90-day teams).
- Lead and coordinate plant process trials involving new procedures, process conditions, equipment, specifications, and/or chemicals, etc.
- Create and manage process documentation.
- Champion the use of area IT-based systems (i.e. PI, Proficy, Cognex, etc.).
- Monitor and report on daily environmental, operating and quality parameters.
- Support reoccurring air, wastewater, SPCC, SWPPP, solid waste, and environmental training requirements and activities.
- Actively support the facility’s Quality and Environmental Manager Systems to support continued ISO 14001 and 9001 certifications.
- Assist with compliance audits (e.g., DHEC), self-audits of operating areas, ISO14001/9002 internal and external audits, and incident investigations.
- Assist as technical liaison between mill and outside vendors/consultants
- Varied, depending upon level of experience and demonstrated capabilities.