PURPOSE: The Process Engineer is responsible for optimizing manufacturing processes and systems in areas of productivity, quality, cost, and safety at this newly upgraded paperboard operation in the Southeast. Great company, location, and excellent career growth potential, will work within the Process group and throughout the mill.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with operations team to continually improve production rates, efficiencies, yields, and costs.
- Lead cross-functional teams for specific short-term improvement efforts (i.e. 90-day teams).
- Lead and coordinate plant process trials involving new procedures, process conditions, equipment, specifications, and/or chemicals, etc.
- Create and manage process documentation.
- Champion the use of area IT-based systems (i.e. PI, Proficy, Cognex, etc.).
- Monitor and report on daily environmental, operating and quality parameters.
- Support reoccurring air, wastewater, SPCC, SWPPP, solid waste, and environmental training requirements and activities.
- Actively support the facility’s Quality and Environmental Manager Systems to support continued ISO 14001 and 9001 certifications.
- Assist with compliance audits (e.g., DHEC), self-audits of operating areas, ISO14001/9002 internal and external audits, and incident investigations.
- Assist as technical liaison between mill and outside vendors/consultants
- B.S. Paper Science & Engineering (Chemical, Environmental, or a related discipline)
- Previous work experience in a process industry (Pulp & Paper industry highly preferred)
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Good communication skills, including verbal, written & presentation
- Good relationship and leadership skills, including ability to convey technical information to non-technical users clearly and concisely
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think “outside the box”
- Proficient use of standard engineering software and analysis tools
- Highly organized, good attention to detail and uses efficient work methods
Pulp & Paper