JOB TITLE: Process Engineer
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
• BS in an Engineering field, prefer Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical 5 years of experience within the cement industry.
• Previous continuous process, bulk-material handling experience may also be considered beneficial.
• Must possess clear understanding of cement chemistry and quality control parameters.
• General knowledge of the manufacturing processes of the plant.
• Effective leadership, coaching, and interpersonal skills; trustworthy and trusting of others.
• Excellent communication skills are necessary to communicate well with the work force and with the management staff in planning future projects as well as ability to provide process training to workforce.
• Strong problem-solving skills and sound decision-making abilities.
• Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities.
• Initiative and self-starting abilities; willing to take action to resolve problems.
• Demonstrate technical proficiency for the area of responsibility.
• Root Cause analyses a plus.
• Must interact with vendors and contractors without sacrificing the integrity of the company.
• Capable of being a change agent and motivating others toward a vision of the future
• Travel Requirements: May be required to travel for training purposes, off site meetings, etc.
• Demonstrate leadership skills related to SAFETY and quality of work.
• Develop standard operating procedures and clear process control plans.
• Recommends operational/control changes.
• Improve control loops in the plant and monitor the high-level control system
• Collate data, establish process correlations to resolve process or production problems.
• Help set process targets for the production department and track differences from targets.
• Develop and review process flow sheets for capital projects as well as evaluate proposed capital projects.
• Provide information to the Production Manager to maximize equipment and improve process control.
• Provide support for quality control in the process from the quarry operation to the customer; including: raw material physical and chemical properties, clinkering process, fuel preparation, cement characteristics.
• Optimize kiln system through heat and mass balances, false air investigations, cooler air balances, combustion system checks and other process measurements.
• Work with all departments to improve kilns, raw mills and finish mills performance.
• Maintain ball mill media charges.
• Participate in planning and execution of scheduled shutdown activities including refractory installation, wear measurements, grinding media management and others.
• Track reasons for production loss and propose changed to improve.
• Monitoring the pollution control activities in coordination with Environmental Manager
• Manage capital improvement projects as assigned.
• Work with supervisors and operators across the organization to solve process problems.
• Develop modifications to plant equipment and processes to increase efficiency.