Steel Manufacturer in the Midwest is seeking a Process Engineer to provide technical support to efficiently operate the Electrogalvanizing Line.
- To provide technical expertise necessary to investigate, test, evaluate, and monitor Electrogalvanizing Line operations, to assure operating procedures necessary to meet quality and customer expectations.
- Provide technical know-how for proper production of zinc electroplated, flat rolled steel, and assure it satisfies customer requirements.
- Provide technical expertise in process requirements for development of new products, evaluation of modified or new products, and evaluation of modified or new operating procedures.
- Initiate process changes and determine effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Department Manager, Operations, Maintenance, Electronic Repair, Process Computing, etc. to assure expedient flow of information and assure open communications.
- Assist in the development of departmental quality, productivity and yield objectives by providing technical expertise concerning operations and equipment.
- Provides management and technical know-how to investigate and solve safety, quality, production and cost variance problems, and provide root cause analysis and issue corrective action.
- Evaluates operating procedures and recommends changes to improve product integrity.
- Develop, implement, and track the results of Continuous Improvement projects.
- Interacts with process engineers from various upstream and downstream units to assure expedient communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering is required.
- Demonstrated technical abilities based on experience.
- Knowledge in coating line operations is preferred.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office (Excel/Access/Word/PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills required for communication to various audiences.
- Must possess awareness of general maintenance and electronic procedures, safety and cost analysis.
- Must be capable of handling multiple tasks.