Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for Process Engineer.
- Permanent Full Time Contract.
- 37.5 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To support the engineering and manufacturing functions by providing process improvement, cost reduction, data collection, mechanical breakdown and process / equipment introduction projects
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Health care vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Create NC machining strategies
- Select tooling and best practice strategy
- Provides support on the shop floor for the Engineering
- Interface with Engineering and Production staff
- Provides support and assistance to any new part introduction process and assisting in securing a smooth introduction
- Support for Plant/equipment introduction when required
- Technical issues resolver for shop floor
- Liaison with Tool Supplier Reps
- Liaison with Machine Tool Manufacturer Applications Engineers
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as reasonably required by Magellan Aerospace
- Min 2 years Machining background
- Knowledge of Multi-discipline
- Engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of multi-discipline engineering practices, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of aerospace materials and standard hardware
- Good knowledge of programme management
- Catia Design basic Knowledge
- Good knowledge of CNC Machining and Catia NC Programming2
- All round basic knowledge of CNC Machines and controls1
- Tooling and Fixturing knowledge3
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Customer/Supplier relationship skills
- Be able to communicate in both written and oral form in a clear, concise manner
- To work with minimum supervision
- Flexible in approach
- Team player
- Organised and Methodical
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!