The Process Engineer’s prime objectives are to initiate process optimization in collaboration with Production and Maintenance to ensure maximum and efficient utilization of the plant’s equipment.
Nature and Scope
- Establishes and monitors all process systems set points.
- Identify issues that require specific research and study or address problems that limit the plant’s ability to efficiently manufacture good and consistent products.
- Analyze the daily performance of the operation and communicate results with operations.
- Follow up on actions implemented to correct or improve situations, especially when programs involve testing, new materials, or process modifications.
- Develop tools and process to assure continuous improvement and optimization.
- Contribute to the minimizing of plant costs through the development of studies and plans of action which aim at making process and equipment operation more efficient.
- Ensure a permanent audit of the efficiency of our process through measurement and testing.
- Recommend actions in conjunction with the environmental director to improve the operation of emission control equipment.
- Ensure product consistency.
- Contribute to the preparation of the performance plan and long-term development studies through preparation of capital plans, audits, and other plans.
- Analyze the process adequacy of new investments, methods, or techniques.
- Promote new ideas and technologies in the process.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with any applicable safety or environmental regulations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering.
- 2-3 years of cement plant experience.