International Steel Manufacturer is seeking a Process Engineer to provide technical assistance/direction to Operations, Maintenance, Quality and Commercial functions concerning Rolling Process and Operation. Disposition coils and make referrals as needed.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with all levels and departments of the organization as the technical expert.
- Disposition of coils that do not meet the customer specification. Investigate the coil data and schedule the needed reworking, referral or rejection of coil.
- Develop and/or assist in the development of practices to be used for new grades or products
- Work with Quality and Technical Services to understand the customer’s needs
- Design, communicate, control, and observe trials necessary to develop practices
- Write required Quality Standard Practices
- Investigate existing processes and current Quality or Operational problems. Develop and propose solutions for implementation, based on data and process observations.
- Work with Quality and Technical Services to understand customer quality issues
- Work with Operators and Management to understand operational issues
- Design, communicate, control, and observe trials necessary to develop practices or practice changes needed. Work with operators and management to execute trials
- Write required Standard Practices to finalize
- Assist in development of equipment modifications to ensure a consistent, quality product.
- Develop monitors for process to ensure consistency of those processes.
- Work with Maintenance, Automation and IT to develop measures and data needed to accomplish goals.
- Schedule and facilitate metallurgical testing as needed and interpret results.
- Perform other duties and data development as needed/directed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- S. Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related degree
- At least three years of experience in rolling/coating of metals (preferably steel)
- Proficiency with Quality Systems, ISO Standards, Statistical Process Control
- At least three years’ experience applying principles of Continuous Improvement, and designing experiments/trials.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office