Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer
- Internal applications only
- Full Time- Permanent Contract.
- Weekdays: 0800-1645 Monday-Thursday, 0800-1230 Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
The main responsibilty of this role is to process control and improvement within the engineering department.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Define, create and implement engineering processes
- Create Standard operating procedures
- Create and update Value stream maps for department processes
- Monitor process improvements and report on gains made
- Identify waste within the engineering process
- Update Magellan portal to reflect all latest procedures and processes
- Audit compliance with current procedures and processes
- Engineering apprenticeship, 2 years of shop floor experience
- PC literate, analytical, able to understand engineering principles
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!