Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Process Engineer to join our client's growing team.Application Instructions: Use online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins, email@example.com
The Process Engineer provides quality assurance for end products analyzing performance of the manufacturing process and designing or improving manufacturing practices, compiles with established quality standards designing a stable and defect-free process and tracking quality procedures from generation to implementation. Provides optimization to the process using technological information and reports from competitors, benchmarking activities and continuous improvement. Coordinates technological R& D activities in the area. Ensures satisfaction of internal clients and external customers by monitoring product quality results and analyzing/implementing action plans. Collaborates in the compliance with line manufacturing programs verifying that the performance of machinery and instruments used in the production process respond to established use and efficiency criteria. Development of new products (new specifications, different dimensional characteristics, etc.). Participate in HSE objectives, setting, define and implement programs and actions applicable to the area of responsibility for continual improvement of HSE performance.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited university (preferably in Engineering) or 5 years in Process Engineering role.
- Knowledge of engineering/Data Analysis computer software programs
- Experience with process improvement
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- A strong commitment to safety in all job aspects
- Dedication to continuous improvement within the department
- Commitment to cost reduction and product quality
- Strong communication and customer service abilities
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment
- Formal training in FMEA, KT, Six Sigma, or a similar process improvement program
- Prior experience in Slitting, Welding and Electro Plating.
Keywords: process engineer, process, quality, safety, customer service, steel, manufacturing