PURPOSE: The main responsibility of the Process Engineer will be to provide technical support and assistance to operations and to spearhead all process activities for the tissue machines. This technical assistance will ensure that continuous improvement to tissue machine performance is carried forth through process control, system analysis and system change that require upgrades. The process engineer will strive for continuous improvement through system stability
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to the Machine Managers and Machine Operators
- Analysis of process unit operations such as refiners, pulping systems, vacuum system analysis, etc. to ensure all unit operations are operating to their full potential with minimal variance and problems.
- Process stability is essential to ensure proper operation of the machines.
- Responsible for all the chemical systems in the paper mill, along with the respective machine managers, will ensure integrity of these systems through required maintenance.
- Manages clothing trials, performance and inventory.
- Lead trials from planning to execution, data analysis, reporting and communication of results to all stakeholders.
- Supervision of Wet lab Co-op employee if and when the position exists.
- B.S. Engineering Chemical or Pulp & Paper Science preferred
- 2-7 years of experience in paper/tissue manufacturing preferred
- Proven leadership ability with capability of teaching, mentoring, delegating and following-up with the operating team;
- Clear understanding of Health and Safety regulations and a proven commitment and dedication to safety;
- Innovation, creativity and a sense of urgency for goal achievement while staying focused;
- Ability to work at a fast paced environment, managing multiple competing priorities and changing conditions while implementing practical and timely solutions