Responsible for improving manufacturing processes in order to improve quality and efficiency, eliminate waste and reduce manufacturing costs.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with Operations Management, Quality and Technical Engineering to become a subject matter expert in departmental processes.
- Focus on Process characterization thru DOE’s and/or Process of elimination aimed at establishing the optimal process conditions to obtain the best quality, performance and cost of the structure.
- Generating and supporting various continuous improvement projects within the Plant targeted at reducing waste and improving quality.
- Ability to Lead a team of resources, present to upper management the scope, deliverables and results and make recommendations on course changes if required.
- Engaging and leading Lean Manufacturing activities focused on streamlined raw material flow, waste reduction and inventory minimization.
- Responsible for documenting data, presenting is a discernible fashion that characterizes a level of success vs the original scope of project. Then also recommend further steps to achieve initial scope desires.
- Work with 3rd party organizations to facilitate a project conclusion with measurable positive results.
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing)
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role within a Flexible Packaging manufacturing environment
- Trained in Lean Manufacturing, DMAIC problem solving tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with employees in a non-threatening way to gain their buy in and involvement in the various projects.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package software is essential
- Manufacturing environment – in a Plant
- Some travel to the U.S.A. or Canada required
Click here to apply online