PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
The Automation Systems Group (ASG) is a Robotic turn-key system solution provider. Working with a
project team, the Process Engineer is responsible for the Form, Fit, and Function of the system,
overseeing the mechanical, pneumatic, and process requirements.
- Provide proposal support and review per assigned application areas
- Attend internal & customer project kick-off meetings and provide technical expertise
- Review detailed project budget and provide forecast updates
- Review project schedule and routinely communicate with project manager to ensure its accuracy
- Review customer specifications for planning and meeting requirements
- Develop and maintain a detailed project technical plan and engineering task list
- Generate written specifications detailing system functionality
- Plan, request, follow-up, and approve all mechanical engineering issues
- Equipment arrangement, Robot Reach, Payload Analysis, Cycle-time, tolerance studies,
- Mechanical & Pneumatic component sizing, system Sequence-of-Operations.
- Generate the Robot Safety Risk Assessment and review with project team
- Develop and maintain 3D simulation to validate engineering requirements
- Identify all workcell equipment that requires mechanical design and build
- Line-up internal design resources based on capacity
- Develop specifications to line-up external design/build sources, review quotes and place orders
- Monitor progress and continuously review internal and external designs
- Schedule and chair design review meetings and track related open issues
- Generate runoff criteria & coordinate the buyoff of equipment built by external suppliers prior to shipment.
- Coordinate delivery & return of all documentation for customer approval
- Generate Work Change Request documents as necessary
- Ensure required documentation is available to manufacturing department for integration build
- Review and Approve redline changes on manufacturing floor
- Generate run-off documentation per project and customer requirements
- Generate preventative maintenance, spare parts lists, and equipment operations manuals
- Support field installation, debug, & customer plant buyoff activities
- Ensure as-built documentation package is delivered to the customer
- Reliable, consistent attendance required
- Strong mechanical system knowledge.
- Strong technical background.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Ability to work in a highly autonomous environment.
- Exposure to ISO-9000, QS-9000, & TE Supplement quality systems preferred.
- Familiarity with Reliability & Maintainability techniques such as FMEA, Root Cause Analysis,
- MTTR, MTBF, Availability, OEE, etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of 3D Simulation and discrete-event simulation methods.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills
- Must be able to present comprehensive technical evaluations and recommendations to customers and peers.
- EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong technical expertise in system engineering, design, and integration of robotic automation systems.
- Required CAD software: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and ROBOGUIDE Simulation preferred.