Plastic Process Manager
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for the daily success and performance of product line assignments. High level of involvement with customer / supplier teams interfacing with representatives from quality, tooling, purchasing, and product engineering to implement process improvements, qualify / debug tools for production, and address quality issues. Perform Design of Experiments (DOE), correlation studies, and use statistical tools for product improvements. The application of automation to the molding environment and alternative resin options will be an emphasis for this individual. The position will also include a high-level of involvement in plant and project engineering for the molding operations. This may include but not be limited to justification and purchase of equipment and the identification and implementation of plant cost savings ideas. It is desired that this individual contribute to the development of strategic direction for the molding operation from an engineering perspective. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and work well with little supervision.
- B.S. Degree in plastics engineering or similar discipline.
- Injection molding processing experience is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent “hands-on” knowledge of tooling, materials, molding equipment, and automation. Proficiency in project management and project scheduling.
- A demonstrated ability to move quickly to higher levels of responsibility.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team in a high volume fast paced production environment.
- 3+ years experience in high reliability automation implementation –strongly preferred.
- Proven success in New Product Development on a cross-functional team.
- Advanced Engineering degree.
- Experience in low cost, high volume, low defect manufacturing.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Solidworks software, CAD, FEA, QFD, SPC, FMEA, and DOE.
- Experience in injection molded plastic component design.
Click here to apply online