Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Process Engineer to join our client's growing team.Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at email@example.com
Basic responsibilities of the Process Engineer include working collaboratively with the team to refine our process and reach team goals, and correcting root causes of problems and improving the melting and rolling process.
Process Engineer will also work closely with the maintenance team to meet division goals and improve processes.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Metallurgical
- Strong commitment to safety in all job aspects
- Understanding of the steel production process
- Sound technical skills with a demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership
- Proven promoter of continuous improvement and driven by results and performance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in utilizing computer resources to maximize effectiveness and efficiency
- 3-5 years Steel/Manufacturing experience in an industrial setting
- Prior Leadership experience
- Working knowledge of QMOS and IBA systems
- Experience leading various technical process improvements from inception through completion