Our client, a global leader in refractory products, has an immediate opening for Process Engineer. The Process Engineer supports continual optimization projects and manufacturing processes to maintain high quality and efficient production. The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep understanding of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies. Works cross-functionally with other members of the engineering team and manufacturing departments to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Be a technical point of contact with an expert knowledge of mixing, casting, and packaging equipment. Also, have an understanding of the recipes behind the entire portfolio of ancillary plant production.
- Utilize Lean/Six Sigma tools to improve department OEE and product quality including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Time Studies, Capability Studies, SMED, CEDAC, PDCA, etc. Effectively lead cross-functional Kaizen teams for fast-paced change implementation.
- Effectively lead reoccurring meetings to communicate Specialties and EC Plant OEE results and maintain accountability on the corrective action plan.
- Interact cross-functionally with the entire local (and relevant global) departments including Global Process Technology, Procurement, Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, R&D, and Quality Control. Have "influence without authority" to institute change throughout the plant.
- Act as the plant leader of Lean Daily Management to engage the entire workforce in a continuous improvement mindset.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- 1-6 years of relevant lean manufacturing work in an industrial field is required
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with database entry, report creation and running, etc.