Company is currently seeking a Process Engineer to join the staff in managing the Plant located in Canada. The engineer will produce measurable results in Safety/Process/Quality performance through the effective monitoring and analysis of process and quality data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the highest standards are achieved in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, process efficiency, and reliability.
- Participate in cross functional teams to continuously improve plant technical knowledge, processes, and efficiency.
- Identify, develop, continuously improve, and communicate the best available process practices developed within Company.
- Ensure that “all critical modifications” to processes are communicated and documented with Company’s process and engineering support group.
- Participate in the development of project concepts, flow sheets, equipment specifications and layouts that incorporate Company and industry best practices.
- Keep abreast of the latest technological development in related industry.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the workforce.
- Analyze and identify process improvement opportunities including safety, efficiency, quality, and emissions related activities relating to limestone processing, calcination, hydration, and handling.
- Utilize technology and troubleshooting skills to identify / propose improvements for system bottlenecks.
- Develop, manage, and implement capital projects.
- Assist different departments to investigate and find the root cause of problems.
- Function as a relief supervisor to assist with coverage for supervisory staff.
- Work closely with the Remote Operations group.
- Work with Geology and Lab to ensure the highest level of quality and testing on raw materials and finished products
- Perform “on call” duties on rotation with the management team.
- Be the main contact for Company process group.
- Work closely with the Maintenance/Reliability team to trouble shoot, maintain and calibrate instrumentation
- PLC programing and trouble shooting
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum B.S. degree in a technical engineering field.
- 4+ years of engineering experience in lime, cement, or similar industrial minerals or heavy industries.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong People skills
- Must be willing to meet deadlines and ensure resolution of plant problems.
- Self-starter with very strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Background in statistical analysis.
- A good understanding of information systems and communication infrastructure would be strong asset