endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Process Engineer is located our of the Columbia, Missouri plant and will provide high quality process engineering services, maintain a current awareness and understanding of the assembly process, new program process, machine controls, safety, ergonomics, and a working knowledge of product and machine environmental issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Control new programs using the APQP process (43T, 43U, Control Plan, Process FMEA, Line Layout, Timelines, APQP team leader, etc.).
- Coordinate with machine builders, outside venders, and services on new and existing programs and processes.
- Work with Quality on machine capabilities.
- Work on process improvements to maximize product flow and quality.
- Act as a first contact to foremen and assembly technicians in training and setup of new machinery and process.
- Instruct and assist maintenance technicians in setting up new equipment and modifications to existing equipment.
- Interact with the facility coordinator and MRO buyer in parts purchasing.
- Develop and implement new machinery, tooling and processes while ensuring equipment is built to produce high-quality products.
- Provide technical support to existing assembly processes.
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies.
- Enter and use information in the PLM computer program and other software used by the division.
- Perform data analysis to determine root cause analysis (Excel, VBA, SQL, Power BI, etc)
- Utilize 2D and 3D CAD software for tooling design and modification
- Conduct process audits with management with respect to Safety, Environmental, Quality, Production, and Cost
- Partner with supervisors to drive improvements in production quality and yields.
- Maintains safe, secure, and a healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Leads by example, this includes following company policies, standards and specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong understanding of products and production processes.
- Knowledge of quality control standards and systems.
- Continue professional growth and knowledge through ongoing training and education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with people.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems in dealing with complex machines and process problems.
- Should have excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with stressful situations.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and displays a great attitude.
- Be available to work overtime when needed to complete projects and support the assembly process.
- Process – improvement oriented.
Physical Demands the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to communicate orally with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular us of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Must have the ability to stand, sit and/or walk for extended periods of time; stoop, kneel, bend, twist, reach, push, pull, grasp, and pinch on a continual basis.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer, calculator and copiers.
- No heavy lifting is expected; the employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-20 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations and to receive ordinary information.
- Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.