Our client outside of Pittsburgh, PA is looking for a senior level Process Technician or Process Engineer who will oversee assigned new projects, from tool design, build and implementation of new product line. Ensure the proper set-up/start-up operation of assigned jobs. Ensure standards of quality and overall process of machines and automation is maintained daily.
Knowledge Experience Skills:
High School Diploma or GED required, and Minimum 5 years of relevant injection molding experience. Requires a strong base in Systematic Processing and Troubleshooting skills. RJG Master Molder 1 & 2 Certification highly recommended. If MM1 certified, needs to have a willingness to obtain RJG Master Molder 2 Certification. Proficiency with cavity pressure systems (RJG - eDART, Kistler - CoMo). Good communication and Interpersonal Skills. Ability to work under high-pressure situations and timelines and maintain composure.
Self-Motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. Team Player who conducts themselves in a Professional manner. Good Project Management and documentation skills. Computer experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Click here to apply online
- Defines process through scientific molding principles
• Thorough understanding of D.O.E process, and ability to execute scientific molding principles
• Tool design review of new Product/Projects
• Interfaces with Quality, R&D, Manufacturing, and Tooling
• Primarily involved with sampling, molds/materials of New and existing products.
• Works closely with Project Managers to ensure new tools meet the proposed timelines
• Works with Operations to ensure that new jobs have the correct equipment ordered and installed.
• Coordinates samples with Scheduling.
• Work with Document Control to ensure the correct processing information is captured.
• Establishes required documentation for each new job (Process Parameters, Process Reference sheet, Water diagrams, etc.)
• Work to create long term solutions and increased efficiencies within the plant.
• Assist Operations as needed to ensure all job changes are correctly started up; ex: cycle times, overall process of machines and automation.
• Some travel required
• Oversee and Train Set-up personnel initially on the mold setups for New Projects
• Assist other departments in coordination of mold repairs.
• On call for troubleshooting.
• Ensures that product meets established quality criteria.