Process Engineer - Injection Molding
PURPOSE: The Process Engineer - Injection Molding will provide technical engineering support to the molding and assembly areas. Focus on project management, process development, process control and discipline implementation, and troubleshooting of production processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process development on new products as they move into production: successful completion of validation process.
- Process troubleshooting on existing products.
- Provide production departments with technical support to make continuous and step change improvements.
- Use statistical methods for product and process analysis.
- Utilize continuous improvements relative to HPWS pyramid sections for Process Discipline and Control.
- Develop and implement cost reduction programs.
- Project leader for process improvement initiatives.
- Establish project goals and objectives.
- Oversight to project spending.
- Technical strategy implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Plastics or Extrusion Engineering or similar degree program
- Minimum 3+ years process or project engineering experience
- You will need relative engineering experience
- We will also consider co-op and internship experience
- Knowledge of plastic molding technologies
- Experience within a manufacturing plant environment
- Familiarity with process data management applications/systems
- Working knowledge of statistical software (Minitab) packages
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office Applications