A major American steel manufacturer is seeking a Process Engineer for their hot strip mill. The position will be located on a more than 350-acre site in the Great Lakes area.
- Provides engineering know-how in solving technical problems
- Researches alternative solutions as they relate to cost, quality, and production requirements and consults with colleagues, staff or operating personnel to assure proper documentation pertinent to proposed solutions.
- Analyzes component parts and investigates field application of parts to determine cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for new product and process design. Evaluates and recommends potential new technologies for the improvement of the facility processes.
- Leads in professional training of hourly support staff, to follow and adhere to agreed upon procedures.
- Develops, analyzes, prepares and executes technical projects. Compiles data relating to project assignments and presents summary conclusions to supervision.
- Develops effective working relationships with Engineering, Operating, Maintenance, Quality, Research and Technical Service to communicate the processing applications as they relate to cost, quality, production and safety standards.
- Attends various conferences, seminars and information gathering visits to other industrial sites to keep abreast of developments within assigned area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required
- Continuous improvement, problem solving and strong communication skill set required
- Must be able to manage several projects at a time
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience required
- Experience in steel industry required
- Must be a US Citizen of have your Green Card