The main purpose of the Process Engineer position is to significantly improve the business’ ability and speed to capture value from Customer Focus Innovation (CFI) and High-Performance Innovation (HPI) projects and initiatives, focusing in the Bakery Space. The Bakery Focused Process Engineer will have special expertise in fat crystallization to enable scaling of new products and standardization or optimization of existing products.
30% DELIVERY BEST IN CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE
Work in partnership with R&D, P&PD and FSQR teams to develop solutions when issues arise at customers’ end with our products application performance.
Coordinate activities with Plant Operations teams across locations to develop and execute solutions in refinery and packaging departments to resolve customer complaint issues.
Use continuous improvement framework to develop and execute solutions in the plants while resolving to customer issues.
Primary point of contact for R&D, P&PD teams to coordinate plant and line trials for products in the Bakery category.
Development of customer solutions based on finish product reformulation, pilot plant results and application processes.
Identifying and maintaining customer focus and the link between the business strategy and financial measures
30% DEVELOP NEW PRODUCT SERVICES AND SOLUTIONS
Integrating technology, operations, maintenance and regulatory input into the engineering and design process of new products
Confirming the sufficiency of the technology deliverables for providing the necessary basis for engineering design
Identification, evaluation and management of engineering risk through all phases.
Development of functional work plans and integration of these into the Integrated Project Plan
Alignment of the functional scope with project objectives, measurement and reporting of functional outcomes versus plan
Identification, evaluation and management of key process and product risks through all phases
20% PROJECT EXECUTION
Accountable for leading the plant management team in implementing sustainable change in the execution and startup phase (PDP 4-5) - leading to noticeable and measurable bottom-line impact
Partners with the business and stakeholders to significantly improve the business’ ability and speed to capture value from Customer Focus Innovation (CFI) and High-Performance Innovation (HPI) projects and initiatives.
In conjunction with local plant management, commercial teams, and/or network of SMEs organizations, lead the planning and execution of CFI and HPI projects for a more complex client (multiple plants) and/or assigned geography. Where applicable, may provide direction and assign tasks to more junior engineers, technicians and support staff regarding the processes and delivery of services
10% PROJECT PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
- Accountable for the front end loading phase of selected CFI and HPI projects (PDP 1-3) - applying PPM/PDP principles - in cross-functional setting.
- Representing the voice of operations from multiple plants in the definition of such CFI and HPI projects.
- Accurately reporting progress made and value generated to stakeholders.
10% BEST PRACTICES GOVERNANCE / DELIVERY
- Ensures optimal connectivity between the local plant management teams, commercial teams/contacts and COE's involved in these projects
- Connects with the sub portfolio owners of the PPM process - ensuring full comprehension of the location specific projects and relative value/priority in the portfolio
- Ensures project objectives and scope are aligned with business strategy and technology governance practices. May directly lead and/or monitor/support progress for Complex projects (low medium level of complexity) ensuring appropriate resources allocation and portfolio prioritization
- Writing and submitting commitment (or PDP phase funding) requests in case of capital projects - supported by required PDP documentation
- Accurately reporting progress made and value generated to stakeholders
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree – scientific/engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in Bakery product manufacturing or development, especially fat crystallization
- Deep knowledge of fat crystallization for a broad product portfolio including lauric, non-lauric, and blended oils and fats
- Deep knowledge of the overall setup, design, installations, equipment, systems and product portfolio, especially regarding Bakery products and fat crystallization
- Knowledge of oils and fats chemistry and processing
- Knowledge of quality assurance systems and processes
- Proven affinity & experience with working in a cross-functional setting
- Demonstrated ability to develop in-depth technical understanding of complex operational and business activities and implement those concepts across broad geographies
- Proven ability to introduce sustainable change - leading to noticeable and measurable bottom-line impact
- Experience in project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication & reporting skills
- 10+ years of relevant working experience in Bakery product manufacturing or development
- High degree of flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects and resources across a wide range of assignments.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification
1. Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering?
Do you have a minimum of 5 years of experience in bakery product manufacturing or development, especially fat crystallization?
Do you have deep knowledge of fat crystallization for a broad portfolio including lauric, non-lauric and blended oils and fats?