Associate Process Engineer:
Engineering department leads continuous improvement activities for commercial chemical manufacturing processes. Team leads continuous improvement for major product lines and manufacturing areas, providing technical insights, and disciplined project management for implementation of improvement projects.
- Supports Capital, CI, Safety, Quality, reliability projects.
- Develops FEED packages, perform process engineering calculations and documentation (e.g. PFDs, P&IDs, specifications, material balances, eBOMs, interlock matrix) in support of Process design package development.
- Supports procurement, construction management, commissioning and start up activities from a process engineering standpoint.
- Represents process engineering in continuous improvement teams and supports process troubleshooting of well-developed processes using data analysis tools.
- Participates in Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs) and may author Management of change (MOCs), RFSR reviews.
- Supports scope, capital cost estimates and schedules for medium to large projects. Fill Lead Process Engineer role for projects up to $1MM.
- Compiles findings of code and standards reviews.
- Supports operations group in planning of simple to moderately complex operational activities (eg. Line breaks etc.)
- Participates in incident investigations
- BS in Chemical Engineering with 2 to 3 years of experience in chemical industry/specialty materials industry
- Basic fundamental engineering skills; including typical engineering documentation creation
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be a team player with strong leadership abilities.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure
- Willing to travel to operating sites to help execute projects. Travel can be as high as 50% during the project implementation phases and at international locations.
- Ability to produce process design documents and control system interlock and functional design specifications
- Working knowledge of PLC and DCS control systems
- Process hazard analysis training; LOPA and HAZOP is a plus.
- Experience working with highly hazardous chemicals at a manufacturing facility