Process Control Engineer
PURPOSE: The Process Control Engineer will develop, implement, and maintain the process control system at this recycled paperboard operation in the Midwest. The successful candidate will assist the Engineering Manager in process control design, procure, construction management, and start up for Capital Projects throughout the operation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interface with the Production Manager, Shift Coordinators, and Shift Operators to develop projects to improve the mill process control towards increased production, improved quality, improved reliability, and reduced costs.
- Develop operator interfaces to promote efficient operation, effective alarm management, and improved process monitoring.
- Supervise the process control system vendors service technicians and manage the service contracts for the process control systems.
- Optimize the process control through tuning techniques and, where necessary, modification of control strategies and logic.
- Troubleshoot control loop issues from field transmitters through control logic to final control element.
- Assist in maintenance projects that involve instrumentation and process control.
- Keep up to date records of field instrument interfaces to the DCS equipment.
- Responsible for design of Capital projects as assigned
- Responsible for supervision of contractors performing work projects assigned to him/her
- Insures mill policies for materials, safety and environmental are adhered to.
- Assist the maintenance E/I in troubleshooting repair and improvement of the mills instrumentation
- Manage the process control systems service contracts and technicians.
- B.S. Electrical, Electronics, Computer, or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 3-5+ years Pulp & Paper or related industry experience required
- Previous supervision of contractors, and systems installation and troubleshooting experience
- Control, PLC, Programming background
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work with all levels of the operation
Pulp & Paper