Client company in the Midwest is currently seeking a Process Control Engineer for their manufacturing facility. The Process Control Engineer will provide software engineering and hardware maintenance in support of process computing systems.
• Provide software engineering, design and implementation for Level 2 Supervisory computer process systems
• Designs software process control systems within the operations.
• Makes enhancements or changes to computer process control systems already in place.
• Provides software/hardware support for operations and maintenance
• Manages support contracts
• Manage SCADA - Data Warehousing system, including GE Intellution and Siemens SiiX
• Applications involve real-time programming, distributed-control systems, programmable logic controllers, motor control and drive systems, and instrumentation and sensors.
• Develops effective working relationships with Operating, Maintenance and Services personnel to gather information, receive feedback and properly understand the specialized needs of their areas.
• Attends various training sessions relating to process computing programming, communications systems and control of sensing devices.
• Troubleshooting hardware/software problems and determining if problem is computer or electronic problem. Help electronics department solve their problems in relation to process computer.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering (with computer orientation).
• Level 2 Supervisory Control Experience
• Knowledge/ Experience with Open VMS operating system, Oracle, Intellution
• Experience with PC Hardware
• Proficiency in Fortran and C languages and understanding of operating systems is required.
• Possess strong analytic and statistic skills, and have the ability to work independently.
• Must possess strong Microsoft Excel, Access and Word skills.
• Solid communication skills, both written and oral, are required.