A major American steel manufacturer is looking for a Process Control Engineer at one of their mills in the Mid-Atlantic area. The Process Control Engineer will be responsible for supporting and developing new applications and programs in the Cold Mill. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast paced work environment with complex operations.
- Support existing custom applications and development of new applications. This will include computer programming and some system administration skills.
- Use computers and PLC’s to control process equipment used in the production and processing of steel.
- Analyze problems to find root cause involving user contact occasionally to diagnose the problem.
- Be willing to respond to troubleshoot calls on a 24/7 basis.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of control theory (PID and PI control)
- Knowledge of DC drives (SIMATIC Drives and Allen-Bradley Drives a plus) and DC motors
- Knowledge of PLC programming, Control Logix, Siemens S7, Siemens TDC
- Knowledge of WinCC HMI and IBA Server
- System administration experience with Windows
- Understanding of multiple network protocols and topologies
- Steel industry/Cold Mill experience