An International Steel Manufacturer is seeking a Process (Level I) Automation Engineer. This individual will be responsible for all field automated processes in the unit, guaranteeing the reliability of plant automation assets through a collaborative team effort with other departments.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and implementation of plant safety practices that promote an injury and accident free workplace. Performs maintenance tasks safely in accordance with plant safety rules.
- Maintains, designs, programs and improves automated machinery and processes.
- Troubleshoots level I, process equipment and system failures, assists in root cause analysis of such failures and assists in formulating and execution of solutions.
- Evaluates baseline departmental metrics and provides the management team with recommendations that lead to measurable bottom line improvements in safety, quality, productivity, reliability, and cost.
- Supports the Engineering department with capital project implementation to meet completion schedules and budgets while supporting operational and maintenance needs.
- Supports the finishing department to complete SEI and other process improvement projects.
- Supports Instrument techs & other maintenance personnel to accomplish maintenance task loads as needed for planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Communicates with maintenance manager for supplies and critical spare parts needs.
- Identifies level I automation process deficiencies and actively pursues improvement projects and/or capital projects to guarantee continuous operations.
- Maintains a clean and capable level I workstation for all departmental assets to assist maintenance personnel in troubleshooting.
- Maintains required documentation.
- Self-identifies skills/training needs and acquires needed training.
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations to include but not limited to OSHA, EPA/DEP, etc.
- Attends and fully participates in required meetings.
- Interfaces and communicates with bargaining unit (union) employees in compliance with the current collective bargaining agreement (Union Contract).
- Follows all company policies as outlined in the current Policies & Procedures for Salaried Employees Manual and any applicable amendments.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Two or Four year degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related field, or related experience.
- Proficient in PLC’s, HMI’s, Drives and other machine automation.
- Proficient in other computer software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and AutoCAD.
- Two years’ experience in steel processes.