endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Process/Technical Manager will develop, implement, and support the plant’s quality systems and process improvement projects to enable and assure production of a high-quality product that meets or exceeds our customer’s requirements and drives plant efficiencies. Works with Sales, R&D, and Capacity Planning groups to manage new business growth opportunities. He/she will manage the plant’s Process Engineers and Quality Department.
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Works in conjunction with the EHS Manager to establish and maintain all policies and programs to assure a safe working environment
- Performs all elements of supervision over direct reports – performance reviews, hiring, salary administration, training, recognition, discipline, etc.
- Demonstrates a proactive awareness of, and adherence to, all suitable and relevant Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Facilitates and enforces all of the company policies and procedures as they are outlined and defined.
- Directs activities and priorities of Process Engineers and the Quality Department.
- Identifies, develops and implements improvements by working closely with Production, Engineering, Quality, EHS and Maintenance. Improvement projects include safety and quality improvements, cost reduction, waste and equipment breakdown reductions, increased throughput, and technology solutions.
- Manages and coordinates new business opportunities through the use of Salesforce and Taskray systems. Ensure scale-up protocols are followed; trials are planned, executed, and reviewed to provide product that meets the customer’s expectations and fits with the plant’s manufacturing process capabilities.
- Identifies and justifies capital projects needed to support plant growth and reduce costs.
- Ensures standard operating conditions (SOC’s) are accurate and maintained.
- Administers the product specification system from the creation of new specs in conjunction with Sales and R&D to requesting revisions and / or deviations as required to optimize performance.
- Works with Sales, R&D and Customers to understand product expectations including critical quality requirements.
- Ensures compliance and monitors resources for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the plant Food Safety and Food Defense systems.
- Maintains overall Quality system/department in the facility by assuring current procedures and practices are appropriate to comply with customer requirements and specifications. Responsible for incoming verification of purchased products, in process inspection and final review of all products
- Oversees management of the customer non-conformance system including effective root cause and corrective actions are identified and implemented.
- Results Orientation /Delivers on Plan
- Team Leadership
- Develops Organizational Capability
- Drives High Performance Culture
- Customer Focus
- Facility Business Acumen/Market Knowledge
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Collaboration and Best Practice Leadership
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- A Bachelors degree in engineering or related field
- A minimum of 7 years relevant manufacturing experience
- 5 years experience or involvement in Technical and Quality Management
- 3 years previous supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement, Six Sigma, product and process qualification and validation, Process Control and Monitoring.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and execute projects.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- SAP experience is a plus