A large and well known Financial Services firm is for a Principle Software Engineer to develop the high-throughput, low-latency applications and services that drive their well established online-trading platform.
The position partners with product owners and business units to remove impediments to key initiatives in the areas of Order Routing, Regulatory Reporting, Order Management, Market Data and Reference Data services.
A key component to success in this role is to develop relationships across the organization (Technology, Product Management, etc.) in order to ensure high priority requirements are appropriately detailed and prioritized to be worked on by the team(s).
- Dive deep into the technology to analyze and document existing functionality of service offerings and captures requirements for targeting strategic initiatives
- Effectively work with Business and Leadership in the PMO, Development, Product Management, Business and Technical Operations, Systems Engineering, Infrastructure, Networks and Architecture teams
- Partner and build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders to achieve organizational goals, including UX/Design, Marketing, Quality Assurance, Order Management, Risk, Compliance, Legal etc
- Draft/review architectural diagrams, specifications, business requirements and design documents
- Work existing stack (C++, Linux, Unix, Java, and SOA) and next generation solutions
- Create project documents and requirements (user stories, migration plans, communication plans)
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt course as issues arise to meet aggressive timelines
- Assist with the development of the testing strategy
- Identify project interdependencies and requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in system requirements
- Self-motivated, highly organized, team player who thrives in a fast paced environment
- High proficiency in C++ in a Linux/Unix environment
- Extensive experience in application development on Linux/Unix platforms with experience in continuous integration, code-review and automated testing.
- Knowledgeable in Market Data Products which include but are not limited to TREP and VELA/SR LABS/ Wombat Direct Feed Handlers is highly desirable
- Understanding of multithreading, multicasting and low-latency development
- Exceptional business analysis skills to support technical and business partners by delivering successful projects success that create value in the form of high quality working software
- Experience with distributed web/application technologies.
- Practical experience and understanding of messaging middleware
- Practical experience working within the Scrum Framework and Agile methodologies
- Experience in the financial markets with understanding of Equities, Futures and Options
- Solid experience with open-source web and server products (Apache, Tomcat), XML is highly desirable
- Working experience with relational databases (Oracle, Sybase) is highly desirable
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, TRAINING
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.