A global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in , medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines.
his team member will be responsible for the molding activities to attain strategic engineering objectives for the Division along with ensuring compliance with safety regulations, policies and procedures. The Principal Molding Engineer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and ongoing support of molded plastic parts and will serve as a subject matter expert in the field of mold design and process within the regional engineering team. This engineer will work regularly with operations, supply chain, quality and various suppliers and perform capacity analysis for molds, injection molding machines and makes recommendations for future investment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in a technical discipline such as Plastics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, industrial Engineering, etc.
- Knowledge of mold making and design fundamentals, molding process development, plastic resin behavior and required tooling/equipment.
- 5+ years technical work experience with 3+ years of plastic injection and/or blow molding design and process support experience
- Knowledge of plastics processes, resins, tooling required.
- 8+ years of experience in a molding engineering position preferably in the or medical device industry.
- Knowledge of FDA QSR's and ISO requirements