Principal Mechanical Engineer
Our client, located in the DFW area is looking for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to be a part of its Innovation Team. This team is responsible for developing new systems and components for a variety of upcoming Small Modular Reactors (SMRs). This is an exciting opportunity in First-Of-A-Kind (FOAK) reactor designs and the ability to collaborate with peers in Electrical Engineering and I&C Electronic Engineering in a fast-paced design environment. Responsibilities include the development of parts using SOLIDWORKS and performing analysis for new components and sub-assemblies.
- Work will be performed under the company’s Nuclear Quality Assurance Program.
- Work includes the development of Design Products in support of Nuclear Plant construction and operation.
- Design products shall be in compliance with the Current License Basis utilizing the Standard Design Process.
- The individual must hold applicable Qualifications (e.g., Design, Calculation, Design Verification) and be proficient in the process.
- Mechanical Design engineers will develop designs (e.g., piping, HVAC, pumps, valves) with peers in Electrical and I&C / Electronics engineering.
- An individual will field follow implementation, develop revisions, complete post-modification testing, and turnover of design products.
- Implementation follows a Site schedule, and the individual may be required to support the design implementation during normal hours.
- Applies strong knowledge and background of engineering and scientific principles and practices in a variety of assignments.
- Develops, coordinates, and directs critical projects or field engineering assignments that are large or complex.
- Leads or plays a key role in process improvement teams.
- Initiates or performs engineering studies, proposing solutions or recommending alternatives.
- Develops presentations of engineering-related projects to stakeholders.
- Develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques and solutions.
- Conducts studies and analyses to assist in the resolution of engineering-related issues; may assist with developing engineering standards and practices.
- Mentors and provides guidance/direction for less experienced engineers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 10 years of job-relevant experience
- Must have professional-level knowledge of Solidworks or other similar CAD software, ANSYS, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) 3-D modeling.
- Must have in-depth mathematical knowledge; of algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Must have technical, analytical, communication, and time management skills. Strong attention to detail. Ability to manage your daily work based on the priority of multiple projects.
- Experience in nuclear or a related field is a plus.
- Professional Engineer license (state issued), recommended but not required.
- Expected to have strong problem-solving skills, capable of coming up with creative approaches for generating new ideas and improving existing processes or products within the bounds of quality and industry regulations.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written. A strong candidate must be able to communicate with any and all levels and groups within the organization and shall be able to do so whilst maintaining business professionalism.
- Occasional travel may be required