Principal Engineer - Functional Safety needed for the #1 Tier One ADAS supplier on the planet.
A global technology leader in automotive electronics with 230 production locations in 40 countries with approximately 138,000 employees is looking for a talented Senior Functional Safety engineer for a key role on a new program.
This organization is rock-solid financially at over $35b in sales and involved in all aspects of automotive technology. This is a direct-hire position in their Global Electronics Technology Center (an amazing state-of-the-art facility) located in an ideal location in the greater Detroit area.
If you are looking for job stability with a huge global player and an amazing company at the forefront of many electronic technologies, this is the place for you!
The Functional Safety Engineer will help define Core safety requirements for a new multi-camera system, as part of the Camera Systems Team. This Engineer must collaborate with the entire design team in the development of effective solutions for their implementation and validation, and to promote Functional Safety concepts to all of the product team.
- Support and perform safety analyses on product’s system, hardware and software
- Specify safety requirements and safety concepts for system, hardware and software architectures
- Collaborate with the design team in the design of effective technical solution aimed to achieve adequate robustness at System, HW and SW architectural level
- Establish functional safety and corresponding processes within business unit and projects
- Discuss specific issues with customers
- The Safety Engineer will support and perform various safety analyses at the system, hardware and software level.
- The Safety Engineer will collaborate with design teams in the design of effective technical solutions aimed to achieve adequate robustness at systems, hardware and software architectural level.
- The Safety Engineer will interface with customers as well as internal group including Engineering, manufacturing, testing, quality and program management to learn to identify functional safety issues.
- 8+ years of experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in electronics / systems / software design and development
- Foreign languages
- Experiences in the application of safety standards ISO26262 and IEC61508
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.