The Principal Biostatistician will drive analysis for real world evidence and will be responsible for creating, reviewing, and maintaining statistical analysis plans and to perform a comprehensive analysis to best describe and predict the outcomes from using CGM. These duties will be performed primarily in support of health economic and outcomes research utilizing real world data, such as medical claims, hospital records, registry data and Dexcom cloud based data. This person will be a primary scientific contributor, author and presenter for HECON real world data on a global basis. The position requires close internal collaboration with the Data and Global Access teams.
This position will contribute to the development of innovative analytics and work with a diverse team of R&D scientists, clinicians and health economists. This position will utilize data from payors, healthcare providers, governments, internal databases and repositories both in the US and OUS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will conduct the statistical analysis activities for establishing real world evidence value, including but not limited to study design, statistical analysis, and generate report (create tables, figures and listings, provide interpretations of the results, address limitations in study design and/or statistical method).
- The incumbent will develop predictive models using advanced statistical methods, such as complex statistical modeling (e.g. multilevel hierarchical models) and Bayesian analyses.
- The incumbent will conduct statistical analyses and discussions for all abstracts and manuscripts created from real world evidence and draft analyses findings and reports.
- The incumbent will work with the external partners (government, academic and payors) to develop unconventional statistical approach to research around continuous glucose data, economics, healthcare utilization and value-based contracting.
- The incumbent will perform statistical analysis for health technology assessments related to real world evidence and clinical trial summations. Such data may be used for regulatory submissions and will require expertise in preparation.
- Assumes and performs other duties as assigned.