Principal Attorney / Assistant General Counsel
Principal Attorney & Assistant General Counsel
Our client, a large, Midwest-based electric & gas energy company, is currently looking to fill a role as state regulatory counsel. The position will be slotted as a Principal Attorney or Assistant General Counsel, depending on experience level. This position can be located in either Austin, Texas or Santa Fe, New Mexico and is an opportunity to join a team of lawyers working for a progressive, growing utility business.
Why work here?
- Join a growing, progressive energy company that offers many growth opportunities
- Stability with a company who has electric and gas operations in across eight states
- An opportunity to represent the company before courts and state agencies
- The chance to use leadership experience, or for those more junior, to develop essential leadership skills
- Generous benefit and incentive programs
What you’ll do:
- Support state regulatory efforts in Texas and New Mexico
- Appear on behalf of the company in administrative and legal proceedings
- Prepare filings, applications, memoranda, testimony
- Review and prepare contracts and other documents in relation to commercial transactions
What you will need:
- JD degree from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in Texas or New Mexico or ability to become licensed in Texas or New Mexico
- Principal Attorney: 6-10 years’ experience in corporate law department, government, or law firm
- Assistant General Counsel: 10+ years’ experience in corporate law department, government, or law firm
The posted salary range for this position is between $150,000 and $205,000, depending on experience level.
If you are interested in learning more, please schedule a time to call using the link below.