Reviews and investigates new business submissions and mid-term endorsement requests to determine acceptability for quoting/binding within granted Letter of Authority and established unit guidelines.Primary Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Selects, prices, classifies and determines coverage terms of individual general liability risks following established company guidelines and philosophies.
- Monitors key performance metrics in order to achieve individual and unit goals.
- Meets production and marketing goals while maintaining underwriting integrity and overall profitability of the product line.
- Develops production sources and relationships. Maintains excellent communication with brokers and makes broker visits as required.
- Exhibits thorough working knowledge of sound underwriting principles, policies, procedures, and controls.
- Works collaboratively with other team members and mentors less experienced underwriters and support staff.
- Keeps current on issues affecting the general liability line of business as well as the competitors and the overall marketplace. Attends industry conferences as required.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of commercial lines risk, classification, pricing and coverage options with adherence to applicable statutory compliance issues and corporate guidelines.
- Knowledge of basic property and inland marine coverages preferred.
- Working knowledge of the wholesale agency distribution system preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision.
- Strong computer skills (ExcelWordSharePoint) with demonstrated high accuracy output
- Strong problem solving, reasoning, and decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate planning and organizational skills.
Education / Experience / Certifications
- Proven team player and energetic personality.
- College degree or equivalent work experience with demonstrated involvement in insurance industry education. CPCU designation preferred.
- Three years commercial general liability insurance experience.
- Minimum of five years commercial general liability insurance experience. - For Senior level Underwriter
- Physical demands are considered to be that of an office environment, climate controlled, with minimal physical exertion.This position requires prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a computer and interactions with others in meetings or via phone.
Hiring in Arizona and Atlanta, GA.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance, education assistance and paid time off.