Position oversees all activities of the Press, Ink, and Plate Mounting departments through direct supervision and collaboration with the Press Dept Supervisors.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist day shift Supervisors with daily activities within the department on day shift.
- Responsible for coordinating and collaborating in the production process with other departments.
- Track department production statistics on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis and report these the Management Team and the Operations Team at monthly and bi-annual meetings.
- Managing department improvement projects and work closely with the Technical group on press and plate related issues and improvements.
- Oversee the administration of all policies, procedures set forth by the company for the press department.
- Ensure a strong team environment with good communication skills between shifts and departments.
- Be a champion for all safety rules and regulations set forth by the company by strictly adhering to all safety policies and enforcing the same with direct reports and hourly workforce.
- Overall responsibility for performance evaluation, discipline, vacation scheduling for the Press department.
- At times, must be able to step in and perform plate checking duties in the absence of the Lead Plate Mounter.
- Complete all assigned tasks promptly and efficiently.
- Must sit as member of the Sustainability Steering Committee and Product Safety Committee
- Must comply with, and ensure compliance of department personnel with, all general Company-wide standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and any job or department specific SOP’s.
- SOP’s may cover the areas of (but are not limited to)
- Employee Health and Safety
- SQF (Safe Quality Food packager) and GMP (good manufacturing procedures) focused on eliminating contaminates in all packaging manufactured.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Supervision/Management
Supervisory Responsibilities: (if any)
- Directly supervises the Press Department Shift Supervisors, Lead Ink Tech, and Lead Plate Mounter.
- Indirectly supervises the hourly staff of the Press, Plate Mounting, and Ink areas.
Qualifications: (education, experience, specific skills, machinery/tools, etc.)
Click here to apply online
- 10+ years of management in a flexible packaging printing operation.
- Prior experience overseeing plate making/mounting, ink, and printing.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to determine P&L ratios from manufacturing statistics and data.