Our Client is seeking an experienced Preconstruction Manager to work for a top 50 ENR ranked general contractor in Atlanta, Georgia. The Preconstruction Manager will have the opportunity to work for one of the largest family owned general contractors in the United States that has been an industry leading family company for five generations. This is a non-travel role leading an estimating team.
The Preconstruction Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of preconstruction services for projects, providing input, coordination and problem solving. The Preconstruction Manager is charged with guiding projects through the preconstruction phase, while maintaining each project’s desired program, scope, and quality, to ensure effective schedule and cost control. The Preconstruction Manager must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review major elements of pricing on all bids, specifically self-perform work
• Represents company at industry events
• Present company to clients
• Maintain long-term relationships with clients
• Create concept budgets as requested
• With the assistance of Project Director, create the logistics plan for concept proposals
• Perform value management analysis and ensure timely implementation into project of that which is accepted
• Review of the job cost budget prior to submitting to Accounting
• Maintain code of business practices within the department
• Maintain firm, fair and ethical treatment of subcontractors.
• Aides bid-day assignments and processes, including bid-day analysis operations
• Review project cost reports to develop understanding of costs
• Participate in close-out meetings and reconcile as-built to estimate
• Coordinate subcontractor networking efforts
• Review of all subcontracts prior to issuance to subcontractors
• Other duties as assigned
JOB SKILLS & ABILITIES GUIDELINES:
- Knowledge and efficiency in Company software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong math/accounting skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Time management skills and organizational skills
- Ability to interact with clients
Qualified Candidates please email email@example.com directly for more information!
- Bachelor’s Degree- Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
- 12 years of industry experience