Preclinical Study Director
Research Triangle Park NC
GeneCoda has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates, for a Report Writer located in the RTP, NC area.
About Our Client:
Our client is a preclinical CRO with a fully equipped vivarium facility that specializes in ophthalmic models for life science R&D companies.
Our client is experiencing significant growth which is prompting the need for an experienced Study Director. The company is in a fast paced and rapid iteration environment which requires strong attention to detail and a proven ability to multi-task across parallel projects while meeting deadlines. Our client is seeking an individual committed to excellence that can assist with the execution of studies and provide growth opportunities. The candidate must have a passion for research and for exceeding customer expectations.
- Study design and project oversight: The Study Director will interface directly with customers and staff under the guidance of the Director of Research to assess customer needs. The candidate will develop project plans, analyze data, and ensure an excellent customer experience.
- Manage project milestones and deadlines and report directly to clients.
- Scientific expertise: Interprets, evaluates, and reports studies; develops protocols, remains knowledgeable of advances in the field of expertise, and ensures conduct of preclinical investigations, in accordance with applicable regulatory guidelines and SOPs.
- Business Development: Consults and advises Sponsors on design, pricing, and scheduling of studies.
- Maintains market and business development with potential and future clients with a focus on customer service; establishes on-going repeat business with clients.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences or related discipline. An advanced degree (MS / PhD), preferred.
- Prior pre-clinical study experience involving laboratory animal / in vivo science.
- Strong working knowledge of AAALAC, USDA and GLP regulations and preclinical testing facility operations and procedures.
- Ophthalmology experience is a plus but not required.
- Project management experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Customer interface ability.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal oversight.
- Research skills. Ability to solve problems through careful investigation.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
GeneCoda® refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.