The incumbent identifies, negotiates and manages strategic relationships with biomedical, academic and pharmaceutical partners. Overall responsibility for ensuring revenue and management objectives are met and exceeded for assigned territory (which may include designated National Accounts). Develops and maintains strong customer relationships, providing consultative solutions and required support. Demonstrates an expertise in the utilization of the mouse as a platform of basic biomedical and drug discovery research and in the solutions provided by the Laboratory to solve research problems. Provides territory management that includes planning, implementation of plans, and reporting of results. Measures of success include revenue performance versus established sales targets and accepted projects (won opportunities – new and renewed).
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Maintain current business while identifying and developing new business opportunities in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors to achieve mouse and service revenues to support the non-profit mission of The Company by enabling research and contributing to surplus. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Candidates must reside in the greater Houston/Dallas TX area to meet the needs of our Biopharma clientele. Minimum of 3 years Preclinical sales experience required, preferably in the Services/CRO sector. Ideal candidate will have a base understanding of the drug development process at Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies.
- Meet with current and prospective customers to identify their needs and provide solutions utilizing our mice and services
- Maintain CRM -database with updated customer information as well as updated information on of business opportunities
- Provide consultative solutions that create a collaborative relationship to address the unique needs of our customers
- Develop and execute strategic account plans, qualify leads and close business
- BS/BA required (preferable in Life or Animal Science) or other means of attaining equivalent knowledge, MS/PhD is preferred.
- 2 -7 years of direct biomedical or animal science sales experience including documented, successful field management experience
- Ability to Travel up to 60%
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with external and internal customers
- Strong consultative selling skills and proven capability to close sales
- Must possess valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned