Title: Precision Optics Assembler
City: Santa Clara
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1135246229
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Precision Optics Assembler to work to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Santa Clara, CA.
This is a long-term, at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment. Job Description:
- Manufacture complex optical assemblies in a clean room environment using techniques of optical alignment, attachment, metrology, and testing on individual optical components, sub-assemblies, and complete optical assemblies.
- Work in a class 100/1000 clean room and align laser systems using concepts of auto reflection and interferometry.
- Perform epoxy-based assembly processes to create complex opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Use mechanical and/or optical measuring equipment (oscilloscopes, autocollimators and/or other related test equipment)
- Use computer-automated test systems and enter results in Microsoft Excel.
- Use hand tools and mechanical fixturing for mechanical assembly.
- Perform cleaning of optical components and assemblies using approved solvents.
- Product packaging and transfer to Shipping/Receiving department.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a mechanical assembly role for Laser electro-optic products.
- Experience with class I and II lasers. Knowledgeable of laser safety and standards.
- Experience with optical contacting.
- Can read and follow written and verbal English work instructions and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Intermediate mathematical skills including use of basic math and geometry.
- Adequate visual acuity to preform visual inspection of optical surfaces i.e. color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Computer skills for basic MS Office software required, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.