Our client seeks a Precision Agriculture (Optimization & Technology) Group Leader to oversee a geographic region in east-central Saskatchewan. In this position, you will be the prime resource for allocated Key Accounts while leading and supporting your regional team of Agronomists and Precision Ag Consultants.
You will support internal department optimization efforts through the introduction of new technology and related training.
- Maintain current knowledge of the latest agricultural equipment and technology
- Ensure service departments have the necessary knowledge to offer high-level equipment optimization
- Co-develop the roll-out of internal training of product introduction
- Train technicians to perform infield optimizations, demonstrations and start-ups
- Demonstrate new products and technology for allocated Key Accounts; ensure infield start-up and optimization activities are completed
- Be actively engaged in building and maintaining a constructive internal work environment at all levels of the organization
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in agriculture or agricultural-related role
- Dealership sales, service, training, or other related work experience
- Advanced knowledge of current Agtech / FarmTech technology
- Hands-on implementation knowledge of precision agricultural optimization equipment
- Brilliant Talent Management competencies
- Ability to work and be available flexible hours during the growing and harvest season to meet customer needs
- Above average written and communication skills; ability to articulate technical information in a simple manner
- Knowledge and comfort level with MS Office suite
- Ability to travel locally throughout your region and nationally and internationally for training and development, as required
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Want to know more? Contact Ed Danneberg at 1.306.700.4766 for more information. Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada in order to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada cannot be retained in our database.
Click here to apply online
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists - Connecting Canadian Agriculture since 1996!