Precision Agriculture Consultant career opportunities in southwest Saskatchewan. In these roles, you will support internal departments by providing area producers with solution-based services, expertise, and training – optimizing their operations to best leverage AgTech/FarmTech technology.
- Coordinates the execution of the dealership’s precision strategy while assisting producers to develop a professional, strategic approach to running their operations
- Aid and support producers in their decision-making processes related to agronomy and precision ag; presenting new ideas and technology options to support them in managing risk and return – implement the adoption of new technology and product offerings
- Ensures understanding of precision solutions and precision farming products in sales, service, parts, and all other departments; supporting and expanding the precision strategy in your territory.
- Serves as the internal and external technical specialist for all precision farming products; develops and delivers employee and customer training for integrated solutions and advanced precision farming products
- Maintains field trial plots and organizes producer field days
- May also support the dealership efforts with third-party providers (Consulting Agronomist, Ag Service Provider, etc.) and related businesses
- Willing to be on-call/available during peak seasons to ensure producers are productive; exceptional customer service mentality
To be considered for this full-time role, you offer:
- Strong knowledge, familiarity and specific experience working with today's agricultural equipment
- 1-3 years’ experience in precision agronomy role
- Proficient knowledge of electrical and wireless communication systems ideal
- Certified Crop Advisor (minimum) or B.Sc Degree or Journeyperson Ag Technician or Mechanical Engineering credential requirements
- General knowledge of a sales process - dealership sales, service, training, or other related work experience preferred
- Ability to operate with a solutions approach and identify existing/emerging customer needs
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills with ability to speak to groups or one-on-one
- Ability to work flexible hours, varying shifts, weekends, and holidays (if necessary)
- Intermediate level of knowledge related to MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc)
- Ability to travel in Canada and the USA unhindered
- Class 5 Drivers License
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity of which you personally might like more information, feel free to apply directly or contact email@example.com to confidentially establish your interest and your intent to proceed. Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada in order to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada will not be retained in our database..
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online