endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Large Automotive Company based in Novi Michigan is looking for a Powertrain Architecture Engineer that will be responsible for the powertrain architecture development and synthesis for electric and hybrid electric vehicle and powertrain systems for the Commercial Vehicle Business Unit. The candidate will be the key architecture subject matter expert for the EV systems architecture team to develop a platform of electric & hybrid electric vehicle/powertrain to meet performance, fuel economy and Greenhouse gas emissions targets.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Vehicle and Powertrain Architecture development and synchesis for Commercial Battery Electric/Hybrid Electric Vehicles to meet fuel economy and Greenhouse gas emissions targets.
- Works with product engineering team to establish powertrain and vehicle system requirements for customer programs, and lead vehicle/powertrain modeling and analysis effort to evaluate the performance of architecture alternatives and system-level tradeoffs
- Develop the processes for standard methods and analysis work package for architecture synthesis, performance evaluation and design optimization.
- Performs detailed studies and analysis of the electric and hybrid electric vehicle/powertrain system (including the mechanical, thermal, electrical, and controls architecture) with emphasis on performance evaluation, design optimization, component selection and sizing, control strategy develop
- Develop electric and hybrid electric vehicle/powertrain system requirements and decomposes into component and integration requirements
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D01
- 5+ years work experience in electric/hybrid electric or fuel cell electric vehicle or powertrain development
- Extensive experience with automotive systems engineering
- In-depth understanding of various electric & hybrid vehicle architectures, systems, subsystems at various voltage levels including component design, selection, & mating
- System-level design of electric vehicle and electrified powertrain control systems experience including system/subsystem level tradeoff analysis, troubleshooting, control and calibration strategy