PURPOSE: The Powerhouse Assistant Superintendent will assist with overall management of this Recycled Paperboard mill's evaporators, recovery boilers, power boilers, turbine generators, bark system, and waste/water treatment plant. Great company, location, and career growth potential.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee daily operation of portions of the Power & Utility processes with an emphasis on safety, reliability, cost, quality and environmental compliance.
- Provide leadership and direction necessary to achieve departmental safety goals.
- Coordinate maintenance activities for assigned Power & Utility areas with his or her Maintenance counterpart.
- Work with Pulp & Utility area Line Managers, Assistant Superintendents, and hourly Team Leaders to meet product quality and production requirements.
- Coordinate with the Power Line Manager and Team Development Supervisor to improve the skills and productivity of the TMP area employees.
- Implement short and long-term strategies designed to improve safety performance, increase operating efficiency and reduce cost.
- Continue to drive a culture change towards self-directed work teams.
- Develop and manage area operating budgets.
- Assist with management of unionized hourly employees in Powerhouse line of progression.