Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Power System Engineer to join our client’s growing team.
Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume to Ryan Stubbs at email@example.com
- Coordinating the maintenance of the plant substations, distribution transformers, SVC, EAF transformers and associated breakers and protection circuits (500kV, 161kV, 138kV, 34.5kV and lower)
- Development and implementation of electrical safety and reliability programs, and of preventative and corrective maintenance programs for plant electrical power distribution and protection equipment
- Maintain contingency plans, update Coordination and Arc Flash Studies, leading energy efficiency efforts, training electricians.
- Specification, procurement, installation and commissioning of new equipment
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of industrial power systems maintenance experience
- Experience with SEL protection devices
- Experience with Coordination/Arc Flash calculation software
- Demonstrated commitment to Safety
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical theory as applied to power distribution and protection equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing and maintenance practices related to power distribution and protection equipment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both verbally and in writing, between multiple groups and disciplines