Med Tech Ascp - Point Of Care Coordinator
Full Time - Days
This scenic location is a great escape from the big city and a chance to work among the best. Finding a balance between work and a fulfilling life outside of work is no easy task. If you appreciate scenic views, beautiful natural forests, fishing, world-class golf courses, and affordable housing this would be the perfect place to settle down and become a member of a tight-knit and family-oriented community.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the Medical Technologist ASCP Point of Care Coordinator (POCC) collects specimens and performs analysis on various chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests to provide physicians with pertinent information regarding the patient’s health.
- Performs weekly inventory prior to designated ordering date.
- Collects and analyzes data from reagent and instrument evaluations.
- Assesses completed correlation studies to determine if the data indicates/supports that use of the reagent or instrument system will be clinically valuable and accurate to provide quality patient care outcomes.
- Reviews all Quality Control, maintenance, and corrective action records with Lab Manager on a monthly basis.
- Trains new employees as assigned.
- Ensures that nurses perform QC and Proficiency Testing in accordance with regulatory agencies.
- Educates patients regarding all types of specimen collection, and venipuncture/arterial puncture/capillary puncture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or other related field required.
- Two (2) years of MT experience required, but five (5) years of MT experience preferred.
- Previous POCC experience preferred.
- Must be American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) registered or equivalent.
- Must have current, valid BLS, or must obtain within first 60 days of hire and must maintain credential throughout employment with IMH.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity please contact me via email: