Plumber - $25/hour
As a Plumber with the State of Arizona you will be conducting periodic and special inspections of plumbing and heating equipment according to a schedule or according to work order. Determining condition of equipment, and recommends repair or replacement to be made. Installs equipment such as drinking fountains, water heaters, sinks, boilers, toilets, dishwashers, water softeners, and heating units. Installing, replacing and repairing piping of all types used for gas, water and sewage. Reading blueprints or other specifications for correct placement of equipment. Making spot repairs if at all possible. Ordering parts and materials necessary to complete any job. Inspecting completed work for proper operation. Making adjustments, threads pipes, bends pipes to prepare for jobs. Using pipe cutter, reamer, threading machine, snakes, cables, and other plumbing repair devices. Keeping records of materials used and work completed. May weld, braze or solder plumbing connections; assist other trades as needed. May instruct others.
- Perform skilled plumbing duties in the installation, remodeling, maintenance, restoration, inspection and/or repair of facility.
- Maintain all property in good repair and operation as pertains to classification; complete all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conducts periodic and special inspections of plumbing and heating equipment according to a schedule or according to work order.
- Complete necessary paperwork or reports as required; keeps records of materials used and work completed; maintains inventory records.
- Performs safety checks on all equipment used in completion of job; uses pipe cutter, reamer, threading machine, snakes, cables, and other plumbing repair devices.
- Makes spot repairs if at all possible. Adheres to all safety rules as well as National and local building codes.
- Orders parts and materials necessary to complete any job. Inspects completed work for proper operation.
- Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
- Skills in time management; good written and verbal communication skills.
- Skills in organization and scheduling of maintenance repairs and preventative maintenance program for the facility.
- Skills in applying and understanding National and local building codes.
- Skills in common safety practices; the trade of a plumber; using common and specialized tools, equipment and materials.
- Knowledge of general building maintenance and preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge of hot water heaters, water softeners, boilers, plumbing codes, drainage and waste systems, back-flows, plumbing tools/equipment.
- Knowledge of national and local building codes; common and specialized tools, equipment and materials related to the trade.
- Knowledge of common safety practices; policies and procedures established for the work system.
• One year of plumber experience or a minimum of two years of hands-on training working with a licensed contractor or a combination of training and experience that meet the knowledge, skills and abilities may be substituted.
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org