Plumber Maintenance Technician Job description
**$3,000 Hiring Bonus for Full-Time
Our client, an exclusive retirement and long-term living campus, is hiring a Maintenance Technician/Plumber. This person is responsible for the proper operation, preventative maintenance and repair of all plumbing and equipment including interior and exterior systems on a 50-acre campus. You will be a member of the maintenance team, which additionally supports electrical, emergency call, swimming pool and HVAC systems in our main buildings and 291 independent living units. The teamwork at this campus and the appreciativeness of the residents are second-to-none. If you are ready to bring your skills and commitment to this beautiful setting, please apply!
This client is a premier continuing care retirement community serving seniors who are living their best lives in a supportive and comprehensive residential and healthcare care setting. From the fitness room with heated swimming pool to the social activities to the multiple dining options for residents, this is a place where you will be proud to work alongside the many dedicated top-of-the-industry team members. A comprehensive benefits package is offered, including health insurance, paid time off and more for full-time team members.
Who you are
- Must be able to read, calculate math skills and write legible.
- Must hold a valid plumbers license
- Must have at least 5 years plumbing experience.
- Must be able to read building plans and have a knowledge of a variety of building systems.
- Good or corrected vision with ability to discern colors.
- Ability to hear emergency warning bells.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to endure prolonged periods of walking, reaching and working from ladder up to heights of 20 feet.
What you would do
- Responsible for the proper operation, preventative maintenance and repair of all plumbing and equipment including interior and exterior systems.
- Order and maintain all supplies for plumbing operations
- Complete work orders and tasks given by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Plant Services Director.
- Maintain, repair plumbing infrastructure and fixtures
- Maintain preventative schedules of drain cleaning
- Order and keep inventory of plumbing supplies
- Maintain plumbing tools necessary to support work activities
- Assist with completion of daily work orders
- Work weekend duty as scheduled.
- Assist with completion of daily work orders.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Respond to emergency alarms.
- Keep maintenance shop clean and organized.
- Complete assigned tasks given by Maintenance Supervisor and/or Facilities Director
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.27 - $25.70 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
The facility is committed to keeping staff and residents safe and performs routine COVID tests of appropriate employees (as recommended by the CDC) and provides PPE as needed for the situation. COVID-19 vaccination required.
Work Location: In person
Click here to apply online