Title: Plating Technician
City: Santa Rosa
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-6244324996
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Plating Technician to work to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Santa Rosa, CA.
This is a long-term, at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Add precious metals to parts that will protect them from corroding and activate their conductivity.
- Submerge parts into a collection of chemical tubs or baths in a specific order to achieve the desired outcome.
- Electroplating relies heavily on documentation but the operators are responsible for finding the area of the parts to be plated in order to apply the electro-current for the appropriate amount of time.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure the documentation supports the production of quality products.
- Inspect the parts using varying magnification to identify and weed out defects.
- Must be comfortable working with chemicals that are considered hazardous/poisonous.
- Must have the ability to perform math at a pre-algebra level in order to calculate equations for processes.
- Must have effective verbal and written skills, enabling effective interaction with co-workers, engineers, maintenance techs and management team.
- Must have computer skills for data entry.
- Needs to have microscope experience with up to 40X magnification.
- Must be able to lift a plating rack with parts into the chemical bath safely (about 12-15lbs)
- Candidate must have plating/electro polishing experience, and must be comfortable working with chemicals. College courses in chemistry/physics is a plus.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.