Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Type: 2-year contract
Job Code: EB-1380758432
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Plating Technician to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Santa Rosa, CA. This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
Tasks can include opening parts, combining like parts for processing, using wire to string parts to a frame, removing parts from a frame, sorting good parts from plating media, as well as incoming or final inspection. This position is a support role for the plate shop but could be expanded to include plating of parts, deburring parts, removing parts from frames, packaging and final inspection.
The plate shop is considered a wet process since all the parts are submerged into a collection of chemical tubs or baths in a specific order to achieve the desired outcome. The chemicals in the room are hazardous/poisonous, while there are controls in place to minimize the risk to operators, the area still demands a great deal of caution while working.
Electroplating relies heavily on documentation but the operators are responsible for finding the area of the parts to be plated in order to apply the electro current for the appropriate amount of time. Operators work closely with engineering to ensure the documentation supports the production of quality products. Prior to adding value to the parts and before the final product leaves the shop operators must inspect the parts using varying magnification to identify and weed out defects.
- Must be able to follow both oral and written instructions
- Good communication skills and ability to work well within a team environment
- Able to work safely around chemicals and heavy machinery
- Comfortable working with chemicals that are considered hazardous / poisonous
- Perform math at a pre-algebra level in order to calculate equations for processes
- Effective verbal and written skills, enabling effective interaction with co-workers, engineers, maintenance techs and management team
- Follow processing instructions, both formal and informal, and must have the ability to learn and retain instructions/information given
- Detailed oriented in order to minimize mistakes
- Microscope experience with up to 40X magnification
- Lift a plating rack with parts into the chemical bath safely (about 12-15lbs)
- Flexible and willing to take on new assignments as work demands change
- Comfortable learning new computer programs
- Able to sit for extended period times
- Good manual dexterity
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits. Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to inspect for cosmetic defects with and without microscope.
- Familiar with blueprint drawings and work instructions.
- Strong willingness to learn
- Familiarity with deburring small parts
- Eye for detail